Wednesday 7 September 2016

Knowledge or ignorance.

One of the first things one of my mentors (a psychologist) told me was: "Knowledge is power. Read and become wise."
The phrase "knowledge is power" is often attributed to Francis Bacon.

One definition of power is the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events.

We live in a complex world and it feels even more complex when we realize: The more I know, the more I know I don't know. But maybe that is the first step in becoming wiser. Realizing that I don't know.

Not being aware the limits of ones knowledge is ignorance. And your ignorance is their power. Instead of letting your ignorance becoming their power, get empowered through knowledge. Be  curious and explore everything this wonderful world has to offer.

Travel and get to know new people and treat everyone you meet with respect. Read books and at least ones a year read a book on at topic you don't know much about; a religion, a country, a biography or maybe science or technology. Don't be limited by anything, just get a new experience. Some of my best reading experiences has been on these occasions.

But if I know what I don't  know I would already be wiser.
Knowing all would be boring.
If I am sure of something I don't need faith.
Not knowing doesn't mean it doesn't exist.




No comments:

Post a Comment