Wednesday 30 November 2016

Me time.

I'm a social guy who likes to be with and around people, but still I have a need for "me time." A part of a day, a whole day, even a week end where it's just me, a book and hiking, diving, fishing and stuff like that.
It's probably been years since I had a whole day or more, it has mostly been an hour or two. Today I've made some priorities that give med almost five hours or "me time." I've been off line for two and a half hours, no phone, no iPad and no computer. And I'll be offline for the next two and a half hours after I've posted this on my blog.
The house is empty and quiet, and I'm sitting by the window reading and every once in a while I pause and look at the life outside. It's raining but it's not windy and the ducks at the small lake close to our house are swimming quietly back and forth looking for food.
This day will bring me new energy for the days to come. Starting with a day with more people and plans tomorrow. A highlight will be a cup of coffee and a chat with my wonderful friend Roger at lunchtime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment